IO H 38 .............:BREAKFAST SERVED ANYTIME : HAMBURGERS - CHILI etc .............RODNEY CROWELLE ( HOUSTON / texas : 7 Août I950 ) DEBARQUE à 22 ans à NASHVILLE !..............La MECQUE de la COUNTRY ' s MUSIC etc ...... : NASHVILLE I972 : LYRICS

on lundi 25 mars 2024

 (  en 2OI9   reçoit le POET ' S AWARD  from the ACADEMY  OF  COUNTRY  MUSIC 

                                                  NASVILLE   I972 : 

I have a dog  name   BANJO   and a girl named MUFFIN 

I 'd  just blow in from  TEXAS   ,  DIDN' T  KHNOW  NOTHING 

But I found my way  around  this town  with a friend  that made  , name   GUY

Who loved   SUSANNA   and SO  I DID    

Now there was this run  down ,  shackon Acklen Avenue 

That I shared with SKINNY   DENNIS 

And a poet name of  RICHARD  DOBSON   who had a novel  HE ' s NEVER FINISH 

And that ' s when JOHNNY   RODRIGUES    ,  DAVID   OHEY and STEVE EARLE   first came throught

And every other guitare bum  whose name  I NEVER KNEW   

OLD SCHOOL  NASHVILLE       HARLAND  HOWARD    ,  BOB  MC DILL 

TOM T .   HALL      , go drink  your fill and blow us all away 

Now there was this tight - rope  walker who called herself  THE QUEEN  OF  POUGHKEEPSIE

Who ran away from the CIRCUS   with  roustabout redneck gypsy 

 

Now THEY were     TOWNE    VAN  ZANDT    FANS   prone to combustion 

They fough like dogs in spanish and made love in russian 

I wish  NEWBERRY   and BUCK  WHITE   would drop  on by the house tonight

Things have changed  round here  you bet   , but it don't seem much better   yet

I  FIRST  MET       WILLIE  NELSON       with some friends  at a party 

I WAS 22  years old  , and HE must ' ve been pushing 40 

NOW   THERE WAS  HIPPIES     and reefer  and   GOD   KNOWS   WHAT   ALL   I WAS DRINKING  PRETTY  HARD 

I PLAYED HIM     THIS SHITTY   SONG  I WROTE   and PUCKED OUT in the yard

OLD SCHOOL NASHVILLE    ,  HARLAND HOWARD   ,  BOB MC DILL

TOM  T . HALL      ,  go drink   your  fill and   BLOW US  ALL AWAY 

repeat ..................

II H OI : LINGE à ETENDRE 



0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire